Forest Grove, OR
There are those times when the city life is more than a person can take, especially now, and especially because life takes on a pace that some folks find is a bit troubling and not amenable to a healthy state of mind. This is no mark against the city, as the city is where things happen, it’s how the economy runs, and it’s where people gather. But now and gain, it can be a little too much, prompting a visit to the great outdoors.
This is why getting out of the city can be great for your mental, spiritual, and physical health.
- Getting out into the wilds, going for a hike, just visiting the beach, can be great for your health since a healthy dose of sunshine and a good cardiovascular workout can do wonders. Try disconnecting and get your heart pumping and you’ll feel the difference.
- Find a spot that is far away from people, far away from the city life, and far away from anything resembling a mobile or electronic device, and you’ll find that you can think clearly for once.
- Even if it’s just for a few hours to a day trip, getting away from the big city can help you breathe easier, think slower, and roll that tension out of your shoulders in a way that allows you to sit back and just enjoy life for a moment.
- Being away from the noise, the constant distractions, and the feeling that you have to keep running the same race might give you a more evolved thought process. Cleansing your body isn’t the only benefit that can come from getting away, as cleansing your spirit is just as important.
- Stress is a killer, no matter how it’s compiled or how it’s handled. Getting out of the city helps to lower those stress levels and keep you in a healthier frame of mind so that you can eventually go back refreshed and invigorated, and thereby able to take on the world again.
Get out of your own head once in a while and definitely get out of the city, if only for a little while. The difference will amaze you.