“Making people that never ascribed to slavery pay people that were never slaves any reparations for a past they didn’t live is like paying someone that says you hurt their feelings, it’s one-sided and makes no sense.”
Chanelle Helm has made it clear, some time ago, that black people in this country seem to be at a distinct disadvantage, you know, besides the black folks that have risen to the great heights in the music, film, business, and, ah hell, any industry in which a black individual has chosen to elevate themselves. Wow, that argument became a bit invalid the moment it came out since like white people, Asian people, Mexican people, just about anyone and everyone in this country, there are disadvantaged, poor, and downtrodden individuals that don’t seem to understand that hard work, no matter how much it doesn’t seem to benefit them, is one of the only ways you lift yourself up and make any forward progress. It doesn’t work for you? Find another way. You’re being oppressed? No you’re not, especially if you’re out on a roadway or in a public space protesting, using your FREEDOM OF SPEECH to condemn those you think are oppressing you but are in truth sitting back and laughing as they wait for you to go back to work and try to make your lives better.
No one is oppressing you, and each and every time a person, ANY person, demands that people give into their demands or their needs they’re saying one thing “I don’t want to do it, I just want it to be given to me.”
No I don’t support Trump, no I don’t support Hillary, but I do support hard work and the effort it takes to make your life mean something. When you’re blocking a road, just think about who you’re stopping from getting to work, the same hard-working individuals you claim to be.
Oh, and while we’re here, let’s make it clear to Chanelle Helm that this little list of hers is about as ridiculous as it gets.
1. White people, if you don’t have any descendants, will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably one that lives in generational poverty.
Unless those black or brown people are family, I don’t think so. The state will get the property if there’s no one else before anyone that simply ‘wants’ it. You want it? Pay for it like everyone else, EARN it.
2. White people, if you’re inheriting property you intend to sell upon acceptance, give it to a black or brown family. You’re bound to make that money in some other white privileged way.
Once again, there’s that word ‘give’. Is this indicating that people of color can’t EARN anything? If it is then a lot of folks both black and white would probably have an issue since that would be a pretty big insult. And as far as privileged goes, yes, working your butt off and saving up for years is SUCH a privilege.
3. If you are a developer or realty owner of multi-family housing, build a sustainable complex in a black or brown blighted neighborhood and let black and brown people live in it for free.
Then it wouldn’t be sustainable would it? The problem with giving things out for free is that far too many people think that means they have run of the joint entirely and can do whatever they want. Guess what? It costs money for upkeep, it costs money for taxes, and no landlord in their right mind is going to accept this kind of thing unless they’re the type that doesn’t have to worry about money. Maybe hit up Bill Gates or some other multi-billionaire and hope they don’t laugh you out of the office.
4. White people, if you can afford to downsize, give up the home you own to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.
Hold on, I need to stop laughing for a moment. You want people to just give up their home, downsize, and give their home to you? Maybe it wasn’t clear that the word ‘give’ isn’t the best word to use. There are many things that people might ‘give’ you after a suggestion like this, but their home isn’t one of them.
5. White people, if any of the people you intend to leave your property to are racists assholes, change the will, and will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.
Now we want to get personal and really dig in eh? Listen closely, it doesn’t matter who the land or home is given to, because unless you’re family or someone that’s trusted with it, the odds aren’t too great that you’re going to get it just because you want it. What you NEED to do is earn your own way and buy your own home.
6. White people, re-budget your monthly so you can donate to black funds for land purchasing.
There’s a lot of call for white people to do something in this missive, and why is that? Oh, because we’re inherently racist according to some and no matter that generations have gone by since anyone owned a slave we’re being made to pay for those sins over, and over, and over, and over, and….see how ridiculous that repetitive nonsense sounds?
7. White people, especially white women (because this is yaw specialty — Nosey Jenny and Meddling Kathy), get a racist fired. Yaw know what the fuck they be saying. You are complicit when you ignore them. Get your boss fired cause they racist too.
So, ruin someone’s life because they’re racist? Now honestly it would be kind of a shock and a pain in the ass to work for a racist boss. But unless they’re physically harming anyone or actively calling for harm against other people then you might want to tone it down just a tad. Racists aren’t pleasant people, but they occupy this nation too, and like it or not, they still have freedom of speech and the same rights you do. Ease down on the rhetoric as you’re coming close to the line.
8. Backing up No. 7, this should be easy but all those sheetless Klan, Nazi’s and Other lil’ dick-white men will all be returning to work. Get they ass fired. Call the police even: they look suspicious.
And the insults continue. So who counts when it comes to looking suspicious? You know us white folks, we all look alike at times right? I mean come on, our white skin and different hair colors aren’t fooling anyone, right? We’re all just secretly racists plotting the downfall of the nation under white supremacy. And if you believe that I’ve got a bedsheet to sell you.
9. OK, backing up No. 8, if any white person at your work, or as you enter in spaces and you overhear a white person praising the actions from yesterday, first, get a pic. Get their name and more info. Hell, find out where they work — Get Them Fired. But certainly address them, and, if you need to, you got hands: use them.
Now we’re calling for open violence eh? And yet for all that I did believe for a time that BLM was supposed to be a peaceful protest that didn’t want to advocate violence. I honestly don’t think she speaks for the entire group, but it’s still disturbing to think that anyone might actually take her seriously.
10. Commit to two things: Fighting white supremacy where and how you can (this doesn’t mean taking up knitting, unless you’re making scarves for black and brown kids in need), and funding black and brown people and their work.
So basically screw white people, don’t care about anyone else but black people, and get down and dirty if you need to when it comes to outing racists no matter if they’re admitting they’re racist or insisting that they’re not. Got it.
Wow, I’m kind of with Adam Calhoun at this point, BLM really does stand for Being Lazy Matters. That’s right, I said it.